My pursuit to work avocado into everything I eat continues...
One of my favorite treats in town is an avocado smoothie from Just Pho & More. From what I can tell online, they're traditionally made with sweetened condensed milk, avocado, and ice. I didn't see myself using the rest of a can of sweetened condensed milk anytime soon, so I lightened it up with vanilla frozen yogurt and coconut milk. Now I'm hooked, and I don't even have to feel bad about it.
In my blender, this made half a pitcher's worth. How many servings that actually equates to is up to you. For me, it was two.
Combine and blend:
- one soft ripe avocado, peel and pit removed.
- 2-3 small scoops of vanilla frozen yogurt
- handful of ice cubes
- half a can of coconut milk
- regular milk/soy milk splashed in as you blend, until you're happy with the consistency.
For a twist:
- add fresh lime juice
- add pineapple
- add shredded coconut
- drizzle chocolate sauce along the inside of the glass
- add boba tapioca bubbles